Villányi Franc 2016
10 000 Ft / 0,75l
Unit price 13 333 Ft / liter. Prices are gross prices
The wine is only available in the winery in limited quantities.
- PREMIUM dry red wine with protected designation of origin - PDO Villány
- Number of bottles: 1 860
- It is made from 100% cabernet franc
- Date of harvesting: October 14. 2016.
- Alcohol content: 14,5 %
- Sugar content: 2,3 g/l
- Acidic content: 5,5 g/l
- Total extracts: 29,3 g/l
The wine originates from Bocor dűlő, Kisharsány in the Villany Wine Region from a vineyard of a total of 5500 grapevines/ha, planted low-hedged in 2004.
Organic, chemical-free wine growing, high crop control of 70 ctw/ha, manual harvesting and grape sorting were all contributing to the creation of this exceptional wine.
We have only used natural and vegan components all throughout the whole wine-making process.
Wine maturation was performed in 225 litre first fill Hungarian and French oak barrels on fine lees (sur lie) for a period of 21 months, continuously stirred (battonage).
This rich, superb wine features intense fruitiness and aromas of prunes, blackberries, raspberries, coupled with velvety scents of tartish hawthorn, ripe naseberry and wonderful tight aromas such as pepper and cinnamon as well as finely shredded dark chocolate.
The wine highlights full colors of ripe dark cherries with subtle, sophisticated scents of Bordeaux, nice texture and barrel, medium well-integrated, tight rounded tannin structure, massive correct acids with long aftertaste and incredible energy.
This is a fiery young wine but at the same time a full-bodied, superb, balanced and elegant wine with long aftertaste and some “new world” touch.
Structure of the wine allows multi-annual ageing.
This perfect wine is an outstanding representative of the Villány Wine Region.
Drinking temperature is between 15-16 ‘C to accompany red meat dishes or to enjoy it just on its own.
- VILLANY WINE COMPETITION - GOLD MEDAL (2019.)
- VINAGORA INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION - GOLD MEDAL (2019.)
- “WINE OF THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT” – BRONZE MEDIAL CATEGORY CABERNET FRANC (2019.)
- ONE OF THE 100 BEST HUNGARIAN WINES (2019.)
- EXCELLENT HUNGARIAN WINES (2018./2019.)
- INTERNATIONAL FRANC & FRANC CONFERENCE - ONE OF THE 12 BEST WINES (2019.)