Villányi Blue Frankish 2016
10 000 Ft / 0,75l
Unit price 13 333 Ft / liter. Prices are gross prices
This wine is exclusively made for our valued customers with limited availability in the winery.
- PREMIUM dry red wine with protected designation of origin - PDO Villány.
- Number of bottles: 314
- Made from 100% blue frankish
- Date of harvesting: October 20. 2016.
- Alcohol content: 14,5 %
- Sugar content: 1,8 g/l
- Acidic content: 5,8 g/l
- Total extracts: 31,7 g/l
Grape growing is completely chemical-free and utilizes strict crop control, manual harvesting and manual grape sorting.
Ageing is performed in 225 and 500 litre toasted barrique barrels on fine lees for a period of 20 months.
The wine has the color of deep ruby, its taste is extremely balanced and it oozes aromas of flowers, black cherries, sour cherries, cloves, dark chocolate and barrel spices.
It has rich alcohol content and mature acids and silky tannins with long aftertaste.
This is a fiery, young, modern and elegant wine.
The wine’s structure allows multi-annual ageing.
Drinking temperature is recommended at 15-16’C to accompany red meat dishes or to enjoy it just on its own.
- “TOP TEN BLUE FRANKISH WINES” - FIRST PRIZE (National Wine Competition 2019.)
- “NO. 1 in the category of Blue Frankish – “ 100 BEST HUNGARIAN WINES” (2019.)
- “LONDON SPECIALITY AND FINE FOOD FAIR” (2019.)
This is one of the world’s most important and highly reputed gastronomical events that was also covered by a BBC TV program. Hungary participated with TOP category supreme wines, sponsored by the Hungarian Embassy in London and the wine received an excellent qualification.